Litigation, Damage and Debt Collection
Whether it is trespass, defamation, breach of contract or debt collection there are many reasons businesses enter in to litigation over damages.
Litigation means that you are a party to a case that will be heard by a Tribunal or Court. IE you or your company is being sued or is suing another entity or individual.
Cogent Legal Lawyers and solicitors assists our clients in many Courts, Tribunals and authorities (jurisdictions):
- Federal Court of Australia;
- Supreme Court of Victoria;
- County Court of Victoria;
- Magistrates’ Court of Victoria;
- Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT);
- Domestic Building and Dispute Resolution (DBDRV);
- Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal (VOCAT); and
- Victorian Small Business Commission (VSBC).
Does your company need to sue another for relief?
Typically, litigation occurs where the parties are unable to otherwise come to a successful agreement or resolution without the intervention of the appropriate jurisdiction. The Court or Tribunal may make Orders to cause some or all of the parties to pay for monies owed under a contract or to compensate a damaged party for other loss or damage.
Litigation areas for loss and damage may be due to:
If you have received a statement of claim, Writ or Summons from a Court in Victoria, CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY for a free discussion on what you need to do next.
Call our Litigation Hotline on (03) 7022 6707